放假期间看到了一篇故事,让我思考了一下。
在处事方面,挑战自己问问看,耶稣会怎样做。
Stories for a teen's heart book 3, pg122, by Katrina Cassel
Long before WWJD became a fad, my friend Rhonda and I had our own, "wat would Jesus do?" experience. It began when i found the book In His Steps in my mom's bookcase. It was a really old, worn book with small print, but for some reason, I decided to read it. It was about some people who decided to ask "wat would Jesus do?" before doing anything for a whole year. Even though the book was old, the message caught my attention, and I gave the book to my fren Rhonda to read.
After we had both read the book, we began to talk about wat it would mean to ask ourselves, "Wat would Jesus do?" in every situation. We made an agreement to try it for two weeks. Those were two of the hardest weeks tat I had ever lived through.
The first major test came at lunchtime of day one. A student named Deb entered the lunchroom, hair in disarray, wearing dark blue kneesocks wit a pink skirt and an amusement park t-shirt. She was looking for a place to sit. Since she usually dominated any conversation and sprayed people wit her food while she ate, she wasn't a popular lunch companion. I tried not to look at her, but her eyes caught mine. Wat would Jesus do? I silently asked myself. I dont wan to do wat Jesus would do, I argued.
"Would u like to sit here?" I forced myself to say. I'd like to say tat I discovered some hidden charm and talents in Deb and we became friends,but wat wasn't the case. Rhonda was much more gracious than I was, steering the conversation to include Deb and giving me a kick under the table that let me know wat Jesus would be a little more welcoming than I was being.
Day two of the "wat would Jesus do?" quest presented a new challenge. My biology test was returned wit a 94 percent written on the top. A quick glance through the test revealed that the teacher had miscalculated and I should have onli gotten an 84 percent. This is a teacher error. Jesus wouldn't expect me to tell the teacher about it, would He? Reluctantly I approached the teacher hoping tat he would say, "Dont worry about it, my mistake; we'll just leave the 94 percent in the grade book." No such luck. He quickly erased the 94 percent and replaced it wit 84 percent.
"But dont you feel honest?" Rhonda asked. "Isn't ur integrity worth more than 10 percent?"
"Dont ask me that on report card day," I growled. "that 94 percent would have helped make up for mutilating that frog's brain in lab last week."
Situation confronted me each day requiring me to act in ways that I wouldn't normally and do things I really didn't want to do. Sometimes it meant taking a stand against something tat was wrong; other times it meant making the time to read my bible even when I didn't feel like it or was super busy. Trying to do wat Jesus would was hard, but I grew through it. I spent more time thinking about Jesus and my lifestyle. I look more care wit my school work, and I became more sensitive to the people and situations around me. Even with the growth I experienced, it was a hard two weeks.
At the end of each day I put a large X over the calender square. At the end of the two weeks I breathed a sigh of relief. "I'm glad that's over," I said, getting my schoolbooks from my locker.
"Are you kidding?" Rhonda said. "It was great! After all, that's really wat the Christian life is all about- living the way Jesus would. I've been thinking... we should continue this for the rest of the school year- after all, that's wat Jesus would do!"
No comments:
Post a Comment